Sunday, June 14, 2009

Week 1, Day 2

I weighed today. It was worse than I suspected. But, I'm not down about it. This is the first time I have really ever seriously approached weight loss depending on the Lord to change me from inside out. It's amazing the pressure that it takes off of you. It's only been two days and I have made no major changes yet but I am looking forward to the next day and the next day and the next.

*****Breakthrough***** I was on my way out the door about an hour ago. My destination was the gas station to get a Coke. I had my hand on the door handle and I heard the word "No". I'm like, "Huh? What was that?" Then I heard it again. That still small voice said, "No, don't go. You don't need it." I am serious! I was not thinking about not going. I said a little reluctantly at first, "Ok". Then I walked back into the house and as I was walking I said a little stronger.. "Ok, Lord I will obey you." Wow. I didn't go! I am sitting here drinking a glass of water instead.

Ps. 40:1 Have you ever gotten a mental picture of this verse? I did today and I was shouting it all over the house. "I waited patiently for the Lord: and he inclined to me and heard my cry."
I saw God leaning down closer to me to hear what I was saying. Wow! He inclines to hear us. He bends down. What we have to say is precious to Him.
Italic
vs. 2 He has brought me out of a horrible pit. Jesus is the Rock that I am on and I need to realize that I am out of that pit and act accordingly.

vs. 3 This is my favorite bible verse. Today I really felt that he has put a new song in my mouth. Lord, let me raise that song to you.

vs. 8 "I delight to do your will o my God, and your law in within my heart."

God is impressing me that: He has already given me victory. I just need to obey him.

I've shared with the Lord that: I will work on obeying Him.

Thoughts I have had today: My thoughts have been praise today. All about what Jesus has done for me and praising Him.

What I ate today:
Breakfast: grapes, two small cream puffs, and oatmeal cookie and orange juice. This the stuff they serve at church. Yes, our church serves breakfast!

Lunch:
We ate out after church at Fazoli's. I thought I was getting something healthy. Their new Sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke pasta but it turned out to have a heavy sauce on it that I think may have been loaded with butter. I didn't eat it all and I had breadsticks and I DID have a Coke there. I ordered it without thinking.

Supper: Peanut butter and honey sandwich and water.

Late night stress: It's 11:00 p.m. and the kids were suppose to have lights out right now. No, they are up getting drinks, doing last minute stuff in the bathroom they should have done before 10:00. Jennifer forgot to do her chores and I am in here trying to do my bible study and I feel the stress boiling up inside of me. I did not like the feeling. I want it to be all cozy, warm and snuggly
feeling before bed, ya know? Ok, I calmed down after I lectured and kissed them and now I'm here. I didn't raid the fridge so that's something....... anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment