Monday, June 22, 2009

Week Two, Day One

In spite of what happened in the following report I lost 5 lbs. my first week!

This will be a running blog today. Right now, I want to tell about my weekend and how easy it is to revert back to old habits when you get out of your routine and environment.
We went to the lake all day Saturday. I took lots of soft drinks in the cooler for the kids and other people who were going to be there. I was sure I could stick with my water at the time. I planned on it. Good grief! When we got there we were no more than unpacked and I grabbed a grape soda pop. It was almost like, automatic. I didn't think about it except of how good it would taste. That was followed by another and another. My only redeeming quality was that I didn't take any Coke so I didn't drink any but, what if I had decided to take Coke to the picnic? I most likely would have drank it and ruined a whole week of being free from the caffeine addiction. I did drink two bottles of water while there so that is a good thing, too.
As far as food goes, I didn't do that bad. My worst thing was the 4 miniature candy bars I ate.
Later, after the lake we went to a friends house to watch movies. We basically had junk food there. Ice cream, cookies, crackers, candy. I didn't eat candy but I helped myself to the ice cream, crackers and cookies. Sunday was a continuation of Saturday. We went to the same friends house in the afternoon and I ate more ice cream. But, I had a healthy supper there.
Okay, so I learned something about myself. I didn't pray for strength to eat right at the lake. I didn't plan ahead how I would eat and what I would limit myself to so I really set myself up for failure. We will be going to the lake again Saturday if it doesn't rain and this time it will be different! I do believe the key was that I did not pray for guidance at all for the weekend. More to come...

On to today's lesson

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
We need each other to go through this life with it's turmoil and challenges.

God impressed on me that:
Even though these verses brought back some memories I would rather have stayed away about lost friendships He reminded me that I am never alone. I have His Son Jesus Christ with me all the time.

I've shared with the Lord that:
I am very sorry for forgetting about Jesus sometimes.

Challenge:
I did not really know what to do with this one. If anyone reads this, know that I do need your support during this bible study.

Possible prayer partners:
1. Wyndy
2. Wanda
3. Alexis

Food Diary
Breakfast: cereal with milk, apple
Lunch: pork&steak kabob, zucchini, yellow squash
Supper: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, two carrots, milk
snacks: popcicle

Victories today:
I was able not to binge today even though I ate too much over the weekend. Too much may not be accurate. More like, the wrong things.






No comments:

Post a Comment